Traffic Safety Program
The McCracken County Attorney Traffic Safety Program may allow your traffic citation to be DISMISSED upon successful completion of the program.
The program consists of the acclaimed traffic safety video program SMARTDRIVER: “Strategies For Survival.” The video content can either be viewed over the internet or viewed by requesting a copy of the DVD; either can be completed in the comfort of your own home. Following the video, you will be asked to complete a series of questions based on the content in the video. Upon successful completion of the program, the violation will be DISMISSED.
Benefits of completion of the C.A.T.S. program in addition to DISMISSAL include:
- Avoid points against your license that may result in suspension
- Avoid penalties against your insurance policy including higher rates
- Avoid the time and costs of traditional traffic school
- Avoid having to spend hours in traffic court
- Program COSTS LESS than paying your citation
- Program can be completed at your convenience from the comfort of your own home
If You Have Received A Letter About the C.A.T.S. Program:
This means that your citation and traffic history have already been reviewed and you qualify for the program. Simply follow the instructions included in your letter and logon to the website identified using your username and password provided in your letter.
If You Have Received A Postcard About the C.A.T.S. Program:
This means that your citation and traffic history have already been reviewed and you MAY qualify for the program but further measures need to be verified to ensure your eligibility. Simply follow the instructions on the postcard by following up with my office to get the program started.